Business Analyst - Healthcare
Experience: 8+ years
Practice: Business Analysis
Five years of relevant experience as a business analyst in healthcare or health insurance, Medicare, and commercial business lines, or related industry.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and implement projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in a rapid environment, with the ability to gather requirements, communicate product design requirements, and achieve high-quality results within specified timeframes.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, necessary software development practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Ability to design program logic, prepares test data, and test programs.
- Ability to review business requirements and compare to application for possible deviations from customer expectations.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to perform complex data analysis, data mapping and support a variety of business intelligence, reporting, analytical and data visualization needs.
- Experience working with mainstream BI reporting systems, ETL data integration platforms, and data modeling tools.
- Ability to create data flow diagrams and data models, including use case, activity, and workflow diagrams using VISIO.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to support projects using a variety of project management methodologies (bi-modal)
- Ability to learn how to define all levels of business and technology requirements.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to demonstrate the operational services
- Ability to convey pertinent information to operational and technical teams.
- Ability to work in both a structured and unstructured environment.
- Excellent triage, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.