Oracle DBA Manager
Location: Southfield, MI
Experience: 8+ years
Practice: Database Management
Join Clovity and help transform leading enterprises and communities around the world. The end to end scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we cooperate, communicate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance in your career. Choose Clovity and make delivering innovative work part of your outstanding career.
At Clovity, You will now become a part of CIO's Top Global IoT Solutions provider with a Microsoft Gold status building NextGen solutions. You will have access to cutting-edge resources, Subject Matter Experts and an opportunity to transform your career!
Our Clients include some of America's biggest names in Retail, Fintech, Banking, Healthcare, Telecom and fast-paced Product companies who challenge the every day status-quo. You may also read more about us in the Yahoo Finance and find here our customer case studies.
Requirement: Highly organized and strong personality.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Manage day-to-day DBA/Data Change team operations.
- Act as a technical Manager for a team of DBAs being the primary point in driving standard processes, troubleshooting methodologies and setting the tone for excellence.
- Responsible for the development of administrative processes, database tool procurement, and ensuring compliance with defined processes.
- Assist operations teams with technical issues in all phases of a projects life cycle. This includes providing technical analysis / design services to the project through the delivery of recommended design.
- Assures backup and recoverability of databases and data -- primarily Oracle databases, but also other production data sources.
- Recommends/establishes database product/release strategy.
- Investigates and/or tests database product features and functionality -- sets usage plans.
- Evaluates/monitors availability of vendor fixes to database software.
- Collaborates with development teams to resolve database design and performance issues.
- Coordinate tasks/schedules of external consultants and internal staff
- Monitors/manages resources to assure system availability and capacity for growth.
- Data integrity/accuracy -- establishes standards, procedures, audits, etc.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities (SKA) Required:
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype.
- Proven experience in improving operational efficiency, and technology delivery across an IT organization.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure the success of individuals and teams.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions, and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related field. 10 years of relevant experience in IT with at least 5+ years of experience in Database Administration and Operations, and at least 3 years of experience in managing people.
Our team culture is very open, highly collaborative and fun! We support our employees at work (and play) and provide fantastic perks: opportunity for rapid growth, paid courses and training, career counseling and mentorship, exposure to state of the art technology solutions, Time off to relax and recharge, flexible working hours, Work from Home, Paid days off to spend time with your loved ones, Office parties with plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations and much more. Check out some glimpse of Life At Clovity!