Location: Southfield, MI
Experience: 8+ years
Practice: Database Administration
Join Clovity and help transform leading enterprises and communities around the world. The end to end scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we cooperate, communicate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance in your career. Choose Clovity and make delivering innovative work part of your outstanding career.
At Clovity, You will now become a part of CIO's Top Global IoT Solutions provider with a Microsoft Gold status building NextGen solutions. You will have access to cutting-edge resources, Subject Matter Experts and an opportunity to transform your career!
Our Clients include some of America's biggest names in Retail, Fintech, Banking, Healthcare, Telecom and fast-paced Product companies who challenge the every day status-quo. You may also read more about us in the Yahoo Finance and find here our customer case studies.
Database Administrator will work with and within the development team to support application development and production release process. Provide code reviews and advise developers on SQL code standards and best practices. Working within the Data Management team to support data process implementations. Help with troubleshooting data and DB Server performance issues. Work with the DBA team to provide administrative support for the database environment and assist with automating and enhancing the maintenance processes.
- Refresh non-production databases.
- Perform routine, day-to-day database administrator duties and observe more senior database administrators in order to build skills in data modeling, SQL and PL/SQL tuning, application tuning, creation of database objects, data modeling, utilities, UNIX commands and UNIX programs.
- Participate on committee that sets SQL and PL/SQL programming standards.
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
- Provide code reviews to make sure the database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Support release processes for assigned projects/development team(s).
- Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data integrity.
- Work within a scrum team to complete any necessary development tasks.
- Support the Data management team in production loading and release processes.
- Consults with users to identify current database requirements and clarify objectives.
- Review documented processes and procedures.
- Develop understanding of and stay current with advances in information technology by reading manuals, trade periodicals, and technical reports relating to Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Provide technical assistance to other Information Services personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed.
- Participate in on-call rotation for production database support.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field required. Certification or progress toward certification of, industry-recognized professional designation in Oracle and SQL preferred and encouraged. Combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s learning philosophy, is required. Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Certified Professional and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Assistant: Sql Server preferred.
Three to five years’ experience within an IT environment which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. One-year relevant experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server databases preferred. Experience within the insurance industry highly preferred.
Our team culture is very open, highly collaborative and fun! We support our employees at work (and play) and provide fantastic perks: opportunity for rapid growth, paid courses and training, career counseling and mentorship, exposure to state of the art technology solutions, Time off to relax and recharge, flexible working hours, Work from Home, Paid days off to spend time with your loved ones, Office parties with plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations and much more. Check out some glimpse of Life At Clovity!